Sunday, July 30, 2017

Picture Book Project!

Now that I'm not busy with school, I have time to pursue a variety of things. Lately I've been doing a lot of photo shoots, some dance-related, and now I'm doing a collaborative project involving pictures and a story for children: a picture book! I'll be portraying a forest fairy named Elra, who, while venturing into the human world one day, loses the magic amulet she needs to return to her own world.  An unsuspecting human is in possession of it, and he carries it with him around the city. Elra travels far and wide around the world of humans in search of the amulet.

I'll only share one photo! I'm super excited to get this book out into the world.



Aside from this project, I'm working on more stories for a second compilation book. Right now I am writing a story involving a girl whose yearly summer trip to hot, humid Texas to visit her grandmother goes a little differently than usual; her new friendship with a mysterious older woman -- who's ostracized by her grandmother's social circle -- leads her to question things about herself and, ultimately, her family. But is the hazy, dreamy atmosphere of Houston doing things to her mind, or is there more to her lineage than the rules of reality allow?

I'm so excited for both of these stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment